The Wright Group
Coordinates activities in verifying and keeping records of incoming and outgoing materials. The warehouse associate acts as the first contact to load customer orders for outbound shipments and unload incoming trucks.
· Studies pending orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and ship methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
· Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
· Determines space requirements and position of shipments in trucks and lays out position of shipment as not to overload the trailer. Meeting established state-to-state requirements on load capacities and tandem placements.
· Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications and seals truck doors on dedicated truckloads of materials. Ensuring LTL carriers padlock their trailer prior to leaving our facility.
· Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel and Warehouse Manager who can contact outside service facility for repair.
· Maintains daily forklift check sheets, warehouse cleaning logs, and receiving logs.
· Directs movement and storage of shipments from shipping and receiving dock to storage, work and staging areas.
· Enters received materials into inventory via CBM system, verifies received materials against Purchase Orders.
· Adheres to written and oral instruction.
· Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency.
· Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
· Places safety at the forefront when operating forklifts.
· Ensures that documentation on all incoming materials are completed and turned into Quality by end of day to ensure timely sampling.
Duties and Day-to-Day Responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
- Coordination of activities in verifying and keeping records of incoming and outgoing materials.
- Forklift operation.
- The entering into inventory inbounds materials via the CBM system.
- Preparation of items for shipment.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Sending UPS/FedEx shipments as needed.
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of warehouse assigned forklift.
- Wrapping and storage of finished goods materials.
- Organization and storage of raw materials.
- Serves as backup to operators
· Education level: High School Diploma or equivalent
· Experience level: At minimum, one year experience working in a warehouse environment
· Required Training and/or Certifications: Forklift certification
· Physical Demands: The employee may be required to regularly lift/move containers/boxes weighing up to approximately 55 lbs in a repetitive motion
· Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must have experience following cGMP requirements. Must have good command of the English language for the purposes of cGMP & EHS compliance. Basic mathematical skills required